PPP was the place to learn new skills for trialing, successfully, in AKC Obedience and AKC Hunt Tests. TTTT (Teach, Train, Test, Title) is the place to prepare to trial successfully.
2024 TTTT Monthly Tracking Log
Tuesday, February 28, 2023
What I learned from this showing experience.
So how does one get a blue ribbion first place out of a class of 5 with horrible sloppy healing. WELL, You have a dog that obeys her commands no matter what. The other 4 contestants all NQ'ed on commands, recalls, sitstays and stand for exam. One, just wandered around off leash, not even attempting to follow handler. All the practice, daily repitions with increasing distractions makes a solid dog. As the hadler just expect the unexpected and just keep your cool. You've done the training and the dog does what the dog does in the ring. Have fun. I was having a blast. Kara's always sitting in front of me, either inches or feet, had me tickled actually. Why was I laughing. Because she always sits, may not be in the right place, but she has AS down. Of course she has always forged too. So don't let your pups forge its really hard to fix. She thinks healing is her sit position with her front feet at my toes not my heals because I have let her do that from the begining. Big mistake.
It was a great experience and we as a team are better for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment