Sunday, July 2, 2023

PPP home work July 1, 2023

What did your learn from PPP part 1? I learned many new skill sets, as well as polishing all the skills we have learned since the beging of foundation course. I thought it was amazing that the dog could learn so many different things at once. While in Mexico last winter I daily drilled sitstay, down stay, stand, moving stand. Stand for a stranger, so she would stand for the judge. Interspersed with that we practiced jumping and broad jump about 2-3 times a week. The calvalettes where a interesting thing to me. The way they help the dog place his feet right and help with take off and landing correctly. We started on our go out work. It's pretty amazing how much the dog and I learned since January. I don't want to forget signals, we have learned the hand signals that go with the voice comands. I have two big takeaways from PPP part one. That my job is to help the dog succeed in the task I have asked her to do. The second, is if you do the work as it is instructed you will get good results. What where your big Ah-Ha's While you were in PPP part one? That my dog and I have become an amazing team. The more I worked with her, the more she became more compliant and wanted to work with me. Makes my heart sing! What were the hardest skills for you and your dog to acquire during PPP Part 1? The moving stand was hard because I could not get my feet synchronized with my hand signal. Kara's hardest was stand for a stranger. She is a shy dog and we had to get alot of strangers to pet her before she was confident enough to stand still and let them pet her. All the drilling payed off though. She stood still for the Judge both days at the Feb. show in Delmar Cal. What are my expectations of PPP part II I am expecting to be taught all the skills we will need to compete in Utility obedience trials. Go outs, directed jumping, directed retrieves and sent discrimination. What titles,on which dog, have you acquired already as a result of PPP. Since starting PPP class Brierbey's Kara has received Her CD-companion dog title and her GN-Graduate Novice title. We have also started showing in open. What titles, on which dog , are you planing on earning in 2023? After finding out about Kara's spinal abnormality. I plan on only showing her in preferred classes because jumps are much shorter. I would like to title her in PO preferred open and PU preferred utility. I think we can get our PO title this year and the PU next year. I would also like to get her Intermediate title in Rally this year. I am going to be training Richards pup also. I would like to see her get her beginer novice title, and rally novice title this year. What title, on which dog, are you planning on earning in 2024? I would like to get Kara's UD title. We want to have Abby get her CD title. We are not quite sure which way we will go with Abbylee. We think we want to make an agility dog out of her. We would like to go on to do a bunch of different dog sports with both of them. Coursing, fast CAT, barn hunt. They all sound like alot of fun. That is why we got the dogs, to go out and have fun with them. The training and the competitions are good but the best part of time with the (girls) is just everyday life. They are such characters. They make us smile and laugh every day. We so enjoy and love our Decker Terriers

2 comments:

  1. I do not know why the text came out like this all in one block. I had it double spaced between questions and it was a lot easier to read. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because you created it in HTML and not in Compose. But it is an excellent post.

    ReplyDelete