Saturday, February 17, 2024

EXCUSES - We all have'em

 

Excuses – We all have’ Em



I cannot train my dog today,

The sky is overcast and gray,

the air’s too damp, I’ve got a cramp,

and the dog’s just eaten anyway.



Can’t find the leash, got home to late,

I’m due somewhere tonight by eight.

I’ve got a rash, a gash and bumps,

To tired now to get the jumps.



Traffic’s made me tense and strained,

I have to lose this weight I’ve gained.

How can we work when it’s just rained?



The dog’s to hyper, my mood is blue,

I must be coming down with the flu,

I cough, I sneeze and wheeze and choke,

Darn! My only dumbbell broke!



To cold outside – my feet are numb.

There’s a sliver in my thumb.

The house needs cleanings, it’s a sight.

I have to work overtime tonight.



I had a nap.

Had company.

Something is on TV.

My toe is sore – it might be gout,

I think my hair is falling out.



I ate too much. My day’s been rough.

I think my dog has had enough

of this daily training grind.

We need some time off

…to unwind.


Author unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment