What did you learn from PPP Part 1?
I learned many things from the course, but I also (re)learned that not everything is easy for me and Mabel to learn. I learned to have more confidence in myself and my dog, and that confidence and a good attitude do affect how my dog works with me. I have learned that she works for me better when I am patient and calm, but when I am anxious or nervous, she freezes up. I also learned that my overall walking speed is too slow which is why she flared. Mabel and I became a much better team.
What were your big “Ah-ha’s!” while you were in PPP Part 1?
One of my biggest ‘Ah-ha’s’ was learning that I needed to speed up my pace. Once I did that, a lot of my issues with flaring were solved, with the help of the heeling stick. We had some other big moments like that, but those took longer to get.
What were the hardest skills for you and your dog to acquire during PPP Part 1?
The Go-out, Stand Signal, Extended Place, and plenty of other smaller things. We’ll get those eventually.
What are your expectations of PPP Part 2?
I am excited to do scent discrimination and fieldwork, and I expect to catch up on part one a little bit.
What titles have you acquired already as a result of PPP?
BN, RN, and one leg in Novice.
What titles are you planning on earning in 2023?
Hopefully, I will earn my Novice Title and possibly Junior Hunter Title.
What titles are you planning on earning in 2024?
If I can’t get my Junior Hunter title, we will get it in 2024. I am also hoping to do Preferred Novice and Rally Intermediate.
Sorry this is super late!
ReplyDeleteThis is great, Alice!!!
ReplyDelete