Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Updates and schedule

 Class,


We are taking a slight sidebar track right now. We are working on getting students ready for obedience trials the first week of May.


For those NOT trialing this spring, continue to work on getting caught up. Exercises include the following:

*Extended Place

*Drop on Recall

*Polish work including heeling stick, prong collar, ecollar

* Signals 

* Broad Jump + cavallities

* And stay current doing RoF and RoHJ


My plan is to do early May trials, then complete the remaining PPP Part 1 lessons. We should be done by end of June.  Then, we will begin Part 2 of PPP which includes the 33 weeks to teach the following exercises:

*Scent Discrimination

*Directed Jumping (Go-Out)

*Directed Retrieve

*Moving Stand (variance of Signal Stand)

*Continue to polish Signals

*Continue to polish heeling

Approximately 1/2 way through PPP Part 2, I will be introducing skills needed for dogs heading for Senior Hunt trials.


Between today and the end of June, I am on a crazy🤪 schedule and will be at AKC Hunt Tests/other events on the following Sundays:

*April 16 (competing)

*April 30 (judging)

*May 21 (Zoom lesson from Nate's place in Illinois)

*May 30 (Memorial Weekend, competing)

*June 19 (judging)

Whew😅


So there IS time to get caught up before we start PPP Part 2.

Come August, we will add to PPP Part 2 another round of prep for AKC trials in September here in Utah. Nate, what trials are you wanting to enter Fran in this year? Dates?

So, that's my proposed class schedule for the rest of 2023. I may miss a few Sundays due to camping with Wayne, but will have Jessi teach when I am gone and pre-record those specific lessons when I am gone. I may be a mess in some Sunday's as once my garden produces🍅🥕🫛🌶🍆, I will be up to my elbows in full swing canning and preserving season.

LOL..yes, I am busy indeed🤭

Roxanne




6 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting! We are over here trying to keep up;) can’t wait to see you guys in may!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Time for Ace and I to catchup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So there’s no class this Sunday as you’re going to be gone correct

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incorrect. There IS class as Jessi will be Lead Instructor this Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I will be there.

    ReplyDelete