PPP was the place to learn new skills for trialing, successfully, in AKC Obedience and AKC Hunt Tests. TTTT (Teach, Train, Test, Title) is the place to prepare to trial successfully.
Ok I just looked at signal sit photo sequence. You start with right hand and end it with left hand I thought you took them down with right and up with left?
Good questions, but I am not clear on what you are seeing? On Signal Sit, the leash handle is in my left hand and my right hand is the actual Sit hand Signal. When we first started the Signal Sit, either hand was initially used to get the dog into a Sit. At that point, the Signals were all taught as seperate individual exercises. But by Lesson 8 we are starting to combine the Signals into one training session which requires more precision on which hand is used for what Signal. I did go over briefly this during the Lesson 8 class. We are moving towards the individual Signals to blend into a specific sequence of Signal exercises.
On the Down, when owner is beside the dogs right side, the Down hand signal is left hand is palm up to the sky. For DoR, the right hand, palm towards dog, is the DoR hand signal.
There are many pieces to teaching the individual Signals. Soon the exercises will merge into a single pattern with a predictable sequence of Signal exercises.
Does that make sense? Clear as mud, right? I apologize if I have confused you.🙁 Keep asking questions as that is the best way to understand. I know I was constantly confused when I first learned the Signals with Sugar 🫣
Yesterday's videos. PHOTO SEQUENCING OF SIGNALS to help each of you.
ReplyDeleteOk I just looked at signal sit photo sequence. You start with right hand and end it with left hand I thought you took them down with right and up with left?
ReplyDeleteGood questions, but I am not clear on what you are seeing? On Signal Sit, the leash handle is in my left hand and my right hand is the actual Sit hand Signal. When we first started the Signal Sit, either hand was initially used to get the dog into a Sit. At that point, the Signals were all taught as seperate individual exercises. But by Lesson 8 we are starting to combine the Signals into one training session which requires more precision on which hand is used for what Signal. I did go over briefly this during the Lesson 8 class. We are moving towards the individual Signals to blend into a specific sequence of Signal exercises.
ReplyDeleteOn the Down, when owner is beside the dogs right side, the Down hand signal is left hand is palm up to the sky. For DoR, the right hand, palm towards dog, is the DoR hand signal.
There are many pieces to teaching the individual Signals. Soon the exercises will merge into a single pattern with a predictable sequence of Signal exercises.
Does that make sense? Clear as mud, right? I apologize if I have confused you.🙁 Keep asking questions as that is the best way to understand. I know I was constantly confused when I first learned the Signals with Sugar 🫣
Roxanne