Roxanne commented on "OPEN - Extending "Place" Lesson 2"
13 mins ago
Today was Day 2 and Ruth was being VERY leery of the hand signal before the "Place" command. I heeled her towards the Place Board and opted to add "Sit/Stay", then give the hand signal, then stand up tall and straight and send her to the designated Place Board.
I watched her closely and then opted to discontinue ANY ecollar pressure and see what she did. She did MUCH better, but it took nearly 30 minutes of just doing the Lesson 2 Extended Place today to end on a HIGH note of success and confidence.
SO, if your dog is struggling, you as the handler have to read what is happening and determine what is the best course of action to take so your dog CAN connect the mental dots and succeed.
I will see what happens tomorrow as will repeat this lesson. As an Advanced Graduate Student, it is up to you to pay attention to what you see with YOUR dog and determine how to help your dog succeed.
You can always text me and I'll respond.
Roxanne
Breakdown with Ruth today
ReplyDeleteTesting email...
ReplyDeleteTest # 2
ReplyDeleteFinally got it to work correctly.
ReplyDelete