PPP was the place to learn new skills for trialing, successfully, in AKC Obedience and AKC Hunt Tests. TTTT (Teach, Train, Test, Title) is the place to prepare to trial successfully.
Good video as helps me help you help Fran. I like the fact you provided me what ecollar and what setting.
Pointers: 1) You are to fast🦗 in your hand placement so Fran is jacked up anticipating. Slow down 🐌. Take a mirror and go work 'Fido' until you KNOW exactly the sequencing you are using. KNOW where your hand needs to be every time. 2) Do NOT allow Fran to blow you off on exercises she has been thoroughly trained to do correctly. She doesn't need a 'Sit' command on a "Heel". When she's out of correctly heel position, reposition her. When you give "Place" command, and she breaks, correct her back to Place Board, do not start over. She MUST learn to obey the last command given. 3) Your pseudo Place Board is to high, much to high. By the time we get through this Course, you will be sending Fran to Place Boards 100 yards, yes yards, away. And in time, casting her off that Board to another Board. So you need stable, safe, low to ground Place Boards.
Happy to see you on this course as I enjoy reviewing your videos and providing feedback because everyone in the class benefits. I know you want to take Fran into thr field and your handling mechanics are as critical as her understanding.
I know you said no videos needed, but keeps me accountable;)
ReplyDelete-:) Will review tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteNate,
ReplyDeleteGood video as helps me help you help Fran. I like the fact you provided me what ecollar and what setting.
Pointers:
1) You are to fast🦗 in your hand placement so Fran is jacked up anticipating. Slow down 🐌. Take a mirror and go work 'Fido' until you KNOW exactly the sequencing you are using. KNOW where your hand needs to be every time.
2) Do NOT allow Fran to blow you off on exercises she has been thoroughly trained to do correctly. She doesn't need a 'Sit' command on a "Heel". When she's out of correctly heel position, reposition her. When you give "Place" command, and she breaks, correct her back to Place Board, do not start over. She MUST learn to obey the last command given.
3) Your pseudo Place Board is to high, much to high. By the time we get through this Course, you will be sending Fran to Place Boards 100 yards, yes yards, away. And in time, casting her off that Board to another Board. So you need stable, safe, low to ground Place Boards.
Happy to see you on this course as I enjoy reviewing your videos and providing feedback because everyone in the class benefits. I know you want to take Fran into thr field and your handling mechanics are as critical as her understanding.
Roxanne
Thank you we will work on that. I appreciate the detailed explanation.!!
DeleteWelcome
ReplyDelete